Friday, December 3, 2010

Official enough to post about

We have a truck booked and a house ALMOST secured and a job offer.....all in Phoenix, AZ. We both have very mixed feelings about Arizona, we have really loved Texas. The thought of moving again gives me a stomach ache but you do what you have to do. We might have set some sort of record; moved 4 times and lived in three states all in one year. Dan goes out next week to iron out all the details but he starts on Jan. 2nd. He is very relieved, we both are really. I have had so much fun with him home though. I am going to miss him a lot in just our day to day living. We have spent the last 4 months together almost constantly and there have been definite times where we were really sick of each other but for the most part we have drawn so much closer and really gotten to know each other just that much more. I am so grateful I married him and love him so much. The kids have had him home all the time for quite a while and it will be a huge adjustment for them to have him back at work. It is looking like we are sliding into home base with barely anything left to our name so it seems like the right time for us to get a job. I guess just be grateful for all we have and that we have survived two full years of unemployment. We have been very blessed, if you would have told me three years ago that this would have been our outcome I would have never believed you! We have been through so much, we have shed so many tears and had so much fear and anxiety. We have ignored birthdays (yes even the kids') because we didn't have any money, even for a cake but we held our heads high and did the best we could. I would never wish it on anybody and I don't know how much I really learned from all of this, but I feel worn. I am tired and just want a break but I don't know if that ever really happens in life. So here's to a new start and a new year!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Good luck Heather and Dan, and congrats with finding a new job! I've heard great things about AZ. You are one amazing woman!