Friday, December 2, 2011

Big 5!






July 1st was Brock's 5th birthday. He really wanted to have a Beyblade battle, so I made a cheesy arena out of our living room to battle in. Dan decided to start a tradition that I LOVE, he takes thee birthday boy out to a movie the day of so I can get ready for the party and than they get time to just be with dad. The boys just ate it up this year and absolutely loved it. I look back and just cannot believe how much time has passed. My Brock is my boy, his personality is a lot like mine and as funny as that is I feel like I have a hard time understanding him. It is hard to look at yourself and say how would I have wanted my mother to handle this situation? He has his dads intelligence and talents though. This boy is so quick, he can look at things and just know what it needs to be fixed. Shane comes to him to have him fix things, it is so crazy. He is a very sweet soul and very very independent. He HAS to do things on his own. It is hard for me to not treat him older than what he is because of this. I am slowly accepting him for this and learning how to back off and when to step in. We have weaned him off of his thumb sucking and traded it for chewing in his clothing. He quit for quite a while but has recently taken it up again which tells me there is something in his little life that is bothering him. I am putting extra efforts into him and paying more attention. He is easy to overlook because he is so independent and quiet. But the boy can talk, a lot!!! Everyone instantly falls in love with him, he is the one that stands out the most because of his creativity and he just doesn't care or notice what other people are thinking. He is very much in his own little bubble and it is adorable.

No comments: