Wednesday, March 16, 2011

3 months and counting

So we have survived 3 months, well almost. I am starting to get a little bit more comfortable and the dark gloom cloud that has been following me is starting to lift. We have been doing so much, some is not blog appropriate but I have started a journal just for this reason. Someday my kiddos are going to need to know what is out there LOL. Shane is doing really great in 1st grade here. He is really fitting in at school which is a huge bonus. He reads everything and quizzes me constantly on math, I am just lucky it is mainly add and subtract and really simple times tables, I am soon going to be outsmarted! Brock loves his new preschool. It is where he belongs, we have full day Kindergarten next year and I am a bit nervous about it but I am sure he will be fine. I was going to hold him back a year (mainly cause he is such a little person) but he begs and begs. He is so tired of being home and he is a smart little stinker!!! Blake is Blake. He loves any and all attention. He is figuring out life so fast. He is starting to mesh in with the boys a bit more and there aren't as many fights between him and Brock. I took him into the insta-care the other night because he had another bout of croup and the Dr. told me that for him to have it so often is really abnormal and that there might be something going on in his throat so we will be checking that out. He did weird breathing things are a baby and we have done some treatment for his issues with our last Dr. but we never looked at his throat only his lungs. Two more weeks until insurance kicks in yayay!!!

I am FINALLY going to be finishing school. We found a great girl who wants to move in and and for free rent and food ect. she will watch the kiddos for free!!! She just wanted to make sure we weren't going to make her pay, I laughed a little I will admit. We will be paying her per month also, she will be watching them full time, I think it is only fair to not take total advantage of this young and very naive girl. I should be starting on April 5th, then I will be dropping off the radar until it is DONE. I am so so excited!!!

I am also planning the Christensen family reunion which before hand sounded like such a great fun project to cheer poor pitiful me with nothing to do, now I am a bit nervous because I have never done this before and I will be doing it on top of going to school. It will be super fun though, I am pretty excited :)

Dan is still really loving his job, he has had a bit of an adjustment getting used to the swing of a job but he is doing really awesome. He gets commissions and he is rocking it!!! I love this job LOL. We might actually be able to buy a home some time this century! Imagine that...

Well that is about it. I am focusing on pulling myself out of the dark hole I have been hiding out in and being happy! My kids have been such a huge help, I am so grateful to be a mom. I know they are such a sacrifice but they are twice the blessing.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I'm rooting for you Heather! Hope things continue to go well. Congrats on finishing school too