Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Bye Utah and hello Texas!!!

I haven't posted in SO long!! There has been so much has happened so I am going rattle on mainly for my own purpose! I need to post pics and I will soon but not today:). We started packing than realized that it was going too fast so we moved up our move date by a week. I spent a week just sitting around pretty much because I had done too much too soon LOL. We finally got everything loaded up and went out in total white trash style! I guess we just couldn't go any other way or it wouldn't be us. We stayed at Mara's the last night which was so much fun! She made us heavenly pumpkin pancakes with buttermilk syrup and sent us off with lots of tears. I miss them all so much already and it has been a week. Our trip down took us 4 days, the first day was pretty uneventful just long and tiring. The fasted we could go was about 65, which we didn't hit very much. The second day was REALLY long and 30 miles out of Amarillo the moving truck blew it's water pump. The engine was blowing smoke and Dan was super stressed that he had blown the motor. It ended ok though, Dan spent the next day changing the water pump and replacing some hoses while the kiddos and I hung out at the hotel. The last day we drove into Allen, TX to my sisters house. She had gotten tickets for us all to go to a baseball game so we cleaned out the car a bit and went to the game. It was such a blast and a nice little break from constantly going and going. The boys LOVED it!!!! We started moving into our apartment on Saturday morning. So that is the trip in a quick little nutshell. The boys were AMAZING and I felt so lucky!! Through all of this they have been such troopers. I have worked super hard to have the apartment set up and everything put away so they feel comfortable, I am almost there thanks to Tiff's help! She has been so much fun to have around, I have loved it!!!! Well that is all for now. My next post will be about Shane and his adventures in first grade!!!

No comments: