Sunday, November 22, 2009

Blake Bradly Christensen
















So I have been a huge slacker, but here is our sweet Blake's story. I got induced on Oct. 23rd at 7p.m. at night. I get the gown on and jump into the bed and the nurse comes in and asks me why I am there. I look at Dan quite confused and say sarcastically, cause I have a cold. She didn't think it was funny and said again no, why are you here. I am very confused at this point because isn't it obvious? I am in Labor and Delivery and very pregnant.....so I say to have a baby. Than she says why are you in here so early? Oh, now I understand that she wants to know why I am being induced at 38 weeks. So I explain and she seems satisfied, than she starts interrogating me about my cold, at this point I want to shoot the lady. So we start the pitocin and my doctor comes in around 9ish and breaks my water. I hadn't gotten the epidural yet and my Dr. suggested I ask for it soon. So I did right after he left which I am so glad I did because the contractions came like a freight train very soon after. By the time the guy came to give me the epidural I was in a lot of pain. After the epidural I was very relaxed and fell asleep. I woke up at about 12:15 to a lot of pressure, I was about to call the nurse (thank goodness they changed shifts and I got a different nurse) when she came in to check me. I was at a 9 so she started to get a few things ready when the pressure got a lot worse so I asked her to check me again (it had only been like 2 minutes since she checked me last) and sure enough I was a 10 and stage 2. She ran around getting everything ready than called the doctor. She had everything all ready so she suggested we do a practice push, I told her my last baby came out on the third push, so really fast, and she just said oh, well let's just see how you do. So I pushed and she was surprised at the progress and told me to wait a minute. She did a few more things than suggested I do another practice push, so I did and I almost pushed the baby out, he was crowning and she made me wait for the doctor to get there. WOW, that hurt is all I can say. It seemed like an eternity before the doctor got there and I could finally finish pushing him out. The nurse afterward said that next time if a nurse suggests that I push without the doctor being there tell her no. I thought that was funny. He was born at 1:04 on the 24th weighing 7lbs. 8 oz. and 19 inches long. He blew us both away with his blonde hair and blue eyes. I am very much in love and very sleep deprived. The boys have been pretty darn great with him.

1 comment:

Monika Crowfoot said...

wow! he is adorable! i love the picture of him lying on shaun's (?) chest. so, so precious!